Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Why do we like doing these silly quizzes so much?

Got this quiz thingy from Jas' blog, and the results are the same as hers.

"You desire a love that will last forever. You are quite serious about finding this type of love, and that's why you think carefully about the men that you meet before deciding whether you could really love them. You don't just develop a crush on someone overnight: you look at a person's personality and other aspects of their life before deciding to form an attachment. If a guy doesn't meet your expectations, you would rather be alone. Your love has to be perfect. Be careful though, you could be missing out on some worthy relationships because your standards are so high."

Given my nature, I would expect this to be partly true. I really am sort of conservative about romantic relationships. Having grown up in a girls' school, I'm no stranger to witnessing flings, crushes and puppy love. I have friends who changed boyfriends so frequently I doubt they were in love in the first place. Really, I don't think I can date someone just for the sake of dating.

Maybe that's why I choose to remain...invisible on the radar, to borrow a friend's words. I'm the type that'll fall right in when I'm in a relationship, so in a way, I guess I'm really serious about it. Some people say it's a killjoy and that it's not realistic, that it's just dating, not choosing a life partner. Oh, really now? Maybe it's my beliefs, or my experience that makes me feel this way, but there's no point rushing, you know...I'll be lying if I say I don't want to be romantically involved, but I don't want to get hurt either. It's not like there's any guy after me, after all (Really, sometimes you wonder if guys ever look past appearances...) so I'm not rushing.

So, yeah, I'm unrealistic. Maybe that's why I daydream about Jae. XD He's unreachable, yes, but that's precisely why it's safe, coz I know it's not something possible. Hey, a girl can dream right? XD

No comments: