Monday, October 5, 2009

The other bday bash...

Because I spent my 21st bday away from family, and because it was Midautumn's Day, and because my Chinese bday was the day right after Midautumn's Day...family decided to celebrate it all, nice and proper last weekend. Invited quite a few relatives. Tried to invite some friends too, but most are not in Ipoh...so too bad I guess.

In our extended, extended family, quite a few people were born in the 8th lunar month, so celebrated all of those together...we made something of a makan party, called caterer etc...got 3 cakes, my goodness, coz celebrating 7 people's birthdays in one shot. It was quite interesting, but I spent more time running around attending to other people lol. But it was really fun!

After the long and tired day, I finally got around to doing what I looked forward to the most...what else, opening presents la! I would think I'm a little old for presents, but the few that I got sure made me happy. I must admit the one that my mum and siblings got me really made me curious, coz the packaging looks soooo big! When I opened it, the box said Samsung LCD TV. Of course that's not what's inside...what use would I have of a tv screen. Turns out it was a brand new laptop backpack...Nike too! Love the design and colour! And of course, it was something I wanted, since my Converse bag was literally growing a beard with the long use. XD

Other relatives either gave angpau or some form of jewelry...one gave me a realy cute pair of earrings. When she first saw it, she said she really liked it coz it looked like Italina chandeliers to her (both sides are different). When she showed it to her husband, he started laughing and said it looked like some articles of clothing that only women wore. XD When I saw it, I immediately knew what he meant lol! Even though I can't wear earrings, I'll treasure it nicely! XD

The highlight was of course, dad's present. I opened it and I saw the word Nokia! I was like, "Oh!?" Then, my sis said, "Don't be fooled by the box!" While I was a little deflated, I opened the box proper...and lo and behold! It WAS a Nokia 5130 XpressMusic! The first thing I did was said OMG and jumped up lmao!

It was definitely one of the better birthdays all right...

No comments: