Thursday, July 7, 2011

Workplace stuff

This is perhaps one of the longest times I've been away from here...I can't decide whether that is a good thing or not. Time has proven to be the elusive master I had always known it to be, and work a straight-faced affair.

But it is without contempt that I say these things, because I've had a really good time at work. Sure, sometimes there are obstacles, and sure, sometimes things get more troublesome than they were meant to be, but overall, I've been enjoying what I'm doing. I credit this mainly to my colleagues.

'Tis an interesting bunch I hang out with, and I'd sooner call them friends than colleagues. I've taken up a lot of new hobbies because of these friends...things I never thought I would be interested in or start doing...but again, never say never, eh? Most of them are our seniors, ready to move on to the next stage of their lives and careers, and it saddens me somewhat that I only had a year to know them.

I've learnt a lot from them, whether it was through intentional teaching or whether it was by observation. Work aside, I think I'm glad to have met them...especially those two, who have shown me, in conversation, in action, in views, that to live is to experience, and that I should never have to be afraid of myself, that I should never have to let myself take the second place in my life. It's strange to see how my life has been affected by them in such a short time.

I'm a little sad that they'll be leaving soon...but happy for them that they're going to be off reaching their goals.

No comments: