Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Message to Two Friends + Snatch Thief Incident

Too many things have been happening lately...just when I recovered from a period of 'emotional low'...someone else catches it.

Just found out some shocking news today. It was....absolutely unpredictable. It was one of those things that you thought would only happen on TV, but yet, faced with that reality, one can do nothing but to accept that things like that do happen. At times like these, there is nothing that a friend could do to relieve your burden but to be beside you and support you emotionally. We're still too young to do anything...and it is still a matter that should be handled by the family. Even if we have the intention to help, the truth is, we have no such ability...but we can offer you support as friends.

I know you're feeling the pressure and responsibility as the eldest to hold up the family...and I know that you won't let yourself fall. I, too, would say to you...stay strong. But know that you don't have to rely on yourself totally...at moments when you feel like you might fail, know that your friends are always around to offer your strength, to hold you up in this moment of crisis. We are always here to be your pillar...never hesitate to confide in any of us. Most of all, stay strong as a family. Family support is very important in times like these. I know you're not a believer, but know that things happen for a reason. God does not give us a challenge that we cannot overcome. No matter what happens in the future, we will continue to be by you. This event will definitely change your life...and you may find yourself hitting the ground, but the most important thing is to be able stand up again. I'm not being pessismistic, but I just want you to know that...life will go on no matter what happens. So let's face this hurdle together, okay? *big huggies*

And the other one....don't know what happen to you...but seeing you today kinda made me feel very worried and frustrated. I didn't know what to say...so I left you to yourself. I'm....not someone who's very good at comforting people...without saying something that might hurt them. But looking at you today, well, it made me sad that I can't do anything to help you. I really don't know what happened, but I want to say that you can always talk to us. I know you're someone who's afraid of bringing trouble to other people...what with all the issues that we've been facing lately. But seriously....don't try to bottle everything inside. Like you told me...when there is something bothering you, share it with us. However, I'm not going to force you share if you feel that it's private and something that needs to be dealt with personally. But know that you never need to feel 'paiseh' around us okay? Don't worry that you'll 'ma fan' us, okay? If you really need to, talk about it. *more big huggies*

I'll be praying for you two...so ganbatte!

On a side note...today a snatch thief grabbed a girl's belongings when she came out of the bank at KPD. We were just walking when we heard someone cry out, and te next thing we know...two men rushed on motorbikes to try and chase the thief. Not sure if they caught him, but the poor girl was in distress...so warning to all my HELP friends. Be careful yeah...and best to move around with company. God bless.

No comments: