Monday, April 21, 2008

Another 'interesting' presentation from the Couple's gang...

Birds of a feather flock together...just when I thought that girl-half of the Couple was the only one with a weird presentation, enter her friend...who's always with them. Today, it became clear to me how these two could be good friends.... -_-;;; Let me tell you what's the differences between the two presentations...

Firstly, while the girl picked a weird job, her friend, whom I shall call 'Bai' (Chinese for white, coz she normally wears white...of course, you can attach some other words at the back for different meanings..) Well, 'Bai' has a pretty normal job...a lecturer.

Secondly, while the girl was bombarded with questions, 'Bai' hardly had any. The reason?? Let me then say this is where the similarity starts. The presentation was weird....WEIRD!!!

She came up to the front to present, and the first thing she said was "My name is *beep* and I will be your PSY001 lecturer."

I thought, 'Okay, so she's going to roleplay...'

Then after that, she said, "I give you 5 minutes to ask me questions about my job."

What??? You haven't presented anything, what do you expect us to ask?? All of us were like staring at her dumbfounded...for once, I couldn't think of what to ask. Then 3 people asked la...

"Do you think you're qualified to teach?"

"Why a lecturer?"

"What is your long-term goal?"

Then after that...total silence....I think if I dropped a pen, it'll sound like I dropped a brick. Most of us then thought, 'Ah, maybe she wants to do the Q&A session first, then do her presentation...' because the next thing she said was, "If there are no more questions, I will proceed with the lecture. (pause) That is the end of the roleplaying session. Are there any questions about my presentation?"

Of course don't have la! You haven't presented anything! So we all sat quietly and waited patiently for her to go on....then....

"Thank you."

What? Huh? Huh?? Over already??

That was how all of us were feeling then. I actually really wanted to ask her something but I didn't because I don't really have the authority...and I might make a poor little girl cry, so I kept me mouth shut. I shall rant here!

Granted, you are qualified to teach, but what makes you suitable for the job? What makes you stand out from the rest? There is a difference between being qualified and being suitable.

Are you aware that we are your future employers and not your future students? Do you feel that you have the right temperament to be a lecturer? (Given that I've seen her burst into tears over some silly issue of not being the best)

Given that the objective was to persuade us that you are suitable for this job, do you think the presentation style was appropriate? Do you think you have effectively persuaded us, who are your prospective employers?

I admit that this is very creative, but do you think you have provided us with sufficient information to decide whether to hire you or not? If the information is not sufficient, are you aware that you will not be considered for the job?

Haih...I'm utterly convinced that some people just have low EQ...or no common sense. -_-;;;

On a side note, my own presentation went okay. I think I managed to answer the needs of the presentation, so I'm glad. Finally, I'm totally free from assignments and projects! Now off to meh books...*scuttles off*

No comments: