Thursday, April 17, 2008

L Change the World + My take on friendship

Ok...let me first do this...*squuuuuuuuuueeeeeeaaaaaaaallllllll* Yaaa~~ Matsuken is soooooo cute/cool/charming/quirky!!!!

Okies, now on with the story. After our 103 finals, during lunch, my friends and I were discussing when we should go and see the movie L: Change the World. And since we had time to spare, we decided to go there and then! So 5 of us....Karmun, Mika, Gorgan, Ling and I (actually Jas was with us too, but she didn't go for the movie) went and watched the show la.

My take on it? Totally satisfying! XD I shall comment without spoiling (too much). XD

Storyline

Sound...admittedly the plot isn't something as groundbreaking as the previous movies, but most of the aspects were covered pretty well..no major plotholes (and we all know how thankful we must be to that)

Visuals

This is of course, cool. Directed by the director of The Ring (sorry, can't remember the name) so there were some parts which were really cringe-worthy. Aside from that, totally no prob!

Cast

Aaahhh...now this is what I really wanna comment on..saving the best for the last, let me start with the little boy. Haha, he's such a cute boy! Basically he didn't have many lines, but I think for a kid as young as him, he did pretty well in conveying his character. Next, the girl who played Maki. Guys (and girls, too), never piss off a girl/woman/lady...you will suffer the consequences. Hell hath no wrath like a woman scorned. The actress, whose name I can't recall, is good with her expressions, especially of anger. The look she put on her face...woah... She's also very pretty.

Now, the main star of the show....Matsuyama Kenichi!!! Kyaaa~~~ He's soooo cool in this! And portraying L's cute antics perfectly, I must say he captured L's character wonderfully. And the best part is you get to see the different...more human parts, of L's personality. Characters like L are not easy to play, so I think Matsuken did a great job. LOL, on screen, whenever L did something cute, the whole cinema would react. XD And when he did something cool..well, I don't know about the rest of the cinema, but Mika and I clapped LOL.

So yes, people! Go watch it! For those who lament the lack of L cameo during the previous movies, this is the movie to watch. I assure you you'll fall deeper for this quirky character L, and be enamoured by the charms of his actor, Matsuyama Kenichi.

Ok, now that's finally out of my system...let me progress to something a little more...bland. I heard this phrase....from someone...whom I honestly don't have much respect for (and I'm having less and less respect).

Some friends are like diamonds, precious and hard to find.Some friends are like fallen leaves, could be found everywhere.

Now...I won't talk about the person who said this (because all of us know ma...) but I'll give my opinion on this topic of friendship.

Friends, in my vocab, are never diamonds. To me, false friends are like diamonds. Why? Because they're just for looks. They cost you everything, but give you nothing in return, except for a pleasant outer perception. Really, I really could do without diamond-like friends.

I have no analogy for a real friend, but I can tell you this...a real friend doesn't judge you, they don't push you away when you turn to them...they share your laughter and your tears. When you do something wrong, they correct you and then comfort you. When you achieve something, they might tease you, but in their hearts they will rejoice for you. I think, real friends are the ones who you could always call in the middle of the night, and they'd still entertain you (provided they hear their phones la...) More than anything, a real friend knows how not to compromise you for his/her own sake.

I don't know how many real friends I've met in my 20 years....but I know I've met a bunch of people who I trust to be my real friends, and who trust me to be their friend in return too. What about you?

No comments: